Thursday, November 10, 2011

A bit about Bernini



The other night at pottery me and a few friends were discussing one of my favorite sculptures, Bernini's Ecstasy of St. Teresa.  When I went to Rome this was one of the things on the top of my list of must-see works of art, and it did not disappoint!  It is located in a smaller church, less crowded with tourist than most of the other usual Roman sites, which made for an awesome experience.  In looking up information on the internet about this sculpture I found a really cool site if you are interested in learning more about famous works of art and art history.  There was a ton of information about Bernini and his sculptures, photos, and videos too.  Check, check, check it out!

http://smarthistory.khanacademy.org/bernini-ecstasy-of-st.-theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment